(9) Formation of the committee:
1. An Executive Committee shall be formed to systematically execute and get executed necessary programmes and to observe and manage all the activities of the Board for achieving Board’s objectives.
2. The committee shall consist of the following members:
(a) Secretary, Ministry of Tourism and Civil Aviation - Chairman
(b) A member selected by the Board members from among the nominated members under Clause 9 - Vice-Chairman
(c) Deputy Secretary, Ministry of Finance - Member
(d) Director: Department of Immigration - Member
(e) At least one gazetted First Class Officer nominated by His Majesty’s Government from among other ministries related with tourism development - Member
(f) Director, Civil Aviation Corporation - Member
(g) Five individuals nominated by His Majesty’s Government in accordance with Section 10 from among the tourism entrepreneurs involved in tourism promotion activities and from among the specialists related with tourism, natural and cultural heritage - Member
(h) Executive Chief - Member Secretary
(3) The tenure of the members nominated as per Sub-Section (2) (g) shall be of three years, and on the expiry of the tenure, they may be nominated for one more term.
(4) The committee shall be able to depute any member to work as a member secretary until the Executive Chief has been appointed as per Section (14).
However, the Executive Chief has to be appointed within three months from the date any member of the committee has been thus deputed to work as the Member Secretary.
(5) If the committee considers it necessary, it may invite to the Board meeting as an observer any native specialist or advisor or any dignified/renowned personality related to tourism.
(10) Nomination Recommendation Committee
There shall be a nomination recommendation committee as follows to submit recommendation for the nomination of members as per Section (9) Sub-Section (2) Clause (g).
a. Individual selected by His Majesty’s Government - Chairman
b. Two individuals nominated by His Majesty’s Government from among individuals related to tourism and tourism promotion sector - Member
2. The Nomination Recommendation Committee formed as per Sub-Section (1), while recommending individuals for nominating as members as per Section (9) Sub-Section (2) Clause (g) from among tourism entrepreneurs involved in tourism promotion or from among tourism promotion specialists, shall have to recommend the names of the individuals reaching to at least three to two the number of the members to be nominated. His Majesty’s Government shall nominate the members from among the individuals thus recommended for nomination.
3. The Nomination Recommendation Committee formed as per Sub-Section (1) shall itself devise the procedures to be adopted for recommendation as per Sub-Section (2).
(11) Meeting and Decision of the Committee
1. The meeting of the committee shall take place at least once in two months on the date, time and place fixed by the Chairman.
However, the chairman shall be able to call the meeting before that if he wishes.
2. Whatever may be stated in Sub-Section (1), if one third of the members of the committee demand for summoning the meeting of the committee, the Member Secretary of the committee has to call the meeting of the committee within 30 days of such request.
3. The Member Secretary of the committee has to make available the notice alongwith the agenda of the meeting to all the members of the committee 24 hours before the meeting takes place.
4. The chairperson shall chair the meeting of the committee and the Vice-Chairperson shall preside over the meeting of the committee in his absence. In the absence of both the chairperson and vice-chairperson, a member selected from among the members shall preside over the meeting.
5. The presence of fifty percent members of the total number of the members of the committee shall be considered the quorum of the meeting.
6. The decision of the majority in the meeting shall be valid, and if the voting is equal, the vote of the chairperson shall be considered decisive.
7. The decision of the committee shall be attested by the Member Secretary of the committee.
8. Other working procedures about the meeting of the committee shall be decided by the committee itself.
(12) The Rights and Duties of the Committee
1. It shall be the duty of the committee to perform all the activities of the Board, to use all the rights available to and duties entrusted to the Board following the rules and regulations formed in this Act or under this Act.
2. It shall be the duty of the committee to perform activities necessary for the achievement of the objectives of the Board other than the duties mentioned in Sub-Section (1).
(13) Eligible to Form Sub-Committee
1. The committee shall be eligible to form sub-committees as per necessity to perform its activities.
2. The rights and duties, working area and the tenure of the sub-committees formed under Sub-Section (1) shall be as directed by the committee.