P.O Box: 20209
Tel: + 977- 1-4413690
Representative in the STN
Name: Mr. Bijaya Pradhan
Year of establishment: 1999
Sustainable Tourism Development
Ongoing activities related to sustainable tourism
• promoting manaslu region- feb 27, 09 onwards
Geographic areas location (DDC/VDC) of ongoing activities
• Gorkha district development committee (Manaslu)
Planned activities related to sustainable tourism
• Art exhibition
Geographic areas location (DDC/VDC) of planned activities
• Garden of dreams
• Yala maya kendra
• Hanuman dhoka etc
Past activities related to sustainable tourism
• Established a small library in the High School in Manang Village
• Established the tradition of organizing annual health and medical camps in Manang districts with the volunteer support form different countries.
• Established a health/dental clinic in Humde with the support form German Rotarians.
• Promotion of Destination Manang 2004.
• Train tour guides with support from New Zealand Agency for International Development (NZAID)
• Established Manang Culture Museum at Change Thang, with support from (NZAID).
• Set up information center in Manang Culture Museum at Change Thang with support from NTB and World Wildlife Foundation.
• Impressions of Manang an art workshop and exhibition.
• Destination Manang 2007 by promoting programs such as climbing courses, snow leopard watches, and reviving culture and traditions by celebrating local festivals like Badhe, Metha, Yarthung and Torkya.
• Artistic trek to Manaslu region in promotion of Trans-Himalayan region.
• Culture Exchange Programme organized with German teachers and students in Manang district.
• Annual free medical camp was conducted in Nar-phu villages of Manang by a group of 12 Canadian doctors.
• As part of Destination Manang 2008 campaign, Grand Yarthung (Horse race) festival was successfully conducted in Manang Village from 6-12 July, 2008.
Strengths of the organization
Tourism plans and reviews
Tourism infrastructure development
Culture and heritage conservation
Rural tourism development
Conservation and preservation