Highlander Trekking & Expedition P. Ltd
P.O Box 10987, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
Tel: +977-1-4700563, 4700066
Representative in the STN
• Name: Mr. Hari Dharel
• Designation: Managing Director
• Email: email@example.com
Year of establishment: 1993
Number of Staff: 08
Short description of the organization
Highlander is a well established adventure holiday company based in Kathmandu. Highlander has been operating since 1992 and since then it has received numerous accolades to its credit. Our company is based on the values of responsible travel in Nepal. We have based our operation on the basic tenets of environmental and cultural conservation.
• Tourism policy development
• Institutional development
• Sustainable tourism development
• Financial support/fundraising
• Marketing & promotion.
Ongoing activities related to sustainable tourism
We have promoting non touristic areas that are marginalized, like Narkhu, Chepang hill Trek, Tamang Heritage Trails, Ganesh Himal Trek, Bhairav Kunda Treks, Panchpokhari, Namobuddha Trek etc. We have been focusing on the participation of local people on touristic activities.
Geographic areas location (DDC/VDC) of ongoing activities
• Narkhu-Manang District.
• Chepang Hill Trek-Chitwan District
• Tamang Heritage Trail-Rasuwa District
• Ganesh Himal Trek-Dhading, Rasuwa.
• Bhairav Kunda Trek-Sindupalchowk
• Panchpokhari Trek-Sindupalchowk
• Namobuddha Trek-Kavrepalanchowk
Planned activities related to sustainable tourism
We have planned to promote Som-dang Valley Trek.
Geographic areas location (DDC/VDC) of planned activities
Strength of the organization
• Tourism plans and reviews
• Tourism infrastructure development
• Capacity building
• Cooperation/networking with other partners
• Social mobilization
• Marketing & promotion
• Environmental awareness/preservation
• Culture and heritage conservation
• Forward/backward linkages in local economy
• Conservation and preservation
• Corporate social responsibility
• Social inclusion & gender